- All teams will play a minimum of four (4) games and may play more through championship rounds (weather permitting).
- Tournament games will begin on the Friday of the event.
- Teams will play preliminary games on Friday & Saturday with consolation and play-offs on Sunday.
- Cooperstown Rules will apply for ages 11U & 12U with the following exceptions.
- All games shall be seven (7) innings with a 2 hour time limit.
- No new inning shall commence after time limit of game play or where reasonably cannot be played.
- Time limits will be in affect up to championship games.
- Mercy Rule will be 10 runs after 5 innings and will be in effect for all games.
- In the championship rounds of semifinals and finals, every effort “within reason” will be made to complete games by innings and/or time limits if weather should interfere.
- No team will play in more than two (2) games per day during the event unless due to team option, play-off bracket, or weather.
- Courtesy runner for both the pitcher and the catcher may be used at any time (mandatory for catcher with 2 outs). Courtesy runner has to be someone not presently in the line-up. The same player cannot run for both the pitcher and catcher in the same inning. If a team is batting their entire roster, the courtesy runner is the last player to be recorded out.
- Any participant (player, coach, spectator, etc.) ejected from a game shall have the circumstances of his/her ejection reviewed by the Tournament Director, Site Supervisor, and/or Chief Umpire. A decision will then be made what additional penalty, if any, shall be applied to that person. The additional penalty most likely will include suspension from a subsequent game(s) or suspension from the tournament all together.
- Teams must be ready to play 30 minutes before their scheduled game time (games will begin early when possible).
- ALL teams must provide a roster and liability insurance for their team.
- No player may pitch more than a total of 12 innings during the tournament.
- No player may make more than three appearances as a pitcher during the tournament. NOTE: Throwing one (1) pitch constitutes an appearance.
Tournament Rain-Out Policy:
- If the entire event is rained out (no games played), all unspent funds will be returned (Umpire Fees, Refundable Facility Fees and Staffing Costs).
- If the tournament begins and parts of the event are washed out there will be a pro-rated refund up to each individual team’s game 2. If a team begins play in or completes 2 games the tournament will be declared official and no refund will be forthcoming. Questions to: “N.Turvey@outlook.com”
Tournament Play-Off Format Pool Play:
- Teams will be divided into non-regional preliminary pools when possible.
- Each team will play three (3) pool play games.
- Guaranteed fourth game will be an elimination, play-off, or consolation game.
- Championship play format will be specifically determined based on attending teams one week before event begins and distributed to coaches.
Tie-Breaker Rules (for seeding purposes; in order of use)
- Head-to-Head competition
- Run differential (max at mercy rule)
- Fewest runs allowed (overall)
- Coin flip
- To provide a number of games for each team within a balanced schedule.
- To allow a competitive format with opportunities to advance within the tournament.
- To provide a pleasant and exciting tournament while allowing for social activities within the area.
- To develop the tournament into an exciting annual event that teams from all across the region attend.
- Any rulings and/or situations not covered within these rules will be decided by Tournament Officials/Umpires.